This blog is about my Grandad and through it I hope to learn more about the amazing man he was, in addition to documenting his life, the Stinson airliner disaster and memories of close and extended family. I hope you enjoy the journey with me.

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Striking while the iron is hot....

While I am on a roll, I thought I would get another post done...this time I want to share with you some links I have found that are really interesting.

This photo courtesy of The Courier Mail

First up, this is the link to Queensland State Archives, listed here for reading is all the material from the inquest - witness statements, death certificates, flight paths and a lot more. Interestingly I only came across this recently (again thanks to Geocaching) and mentioned it to Mum...who has also never read the statements.

Click here to go to Queensland State Archives now.


This page is the local Scenic Rim page about Grandad and the Stinson:

Click here to go to Scenic Rim now.


There have been a couple of documentaries and movies made about the Stinson, the best one I think was made by John Schindle and is called 'Miracle of the Mountains'.

Click here to purchase your copy now.




If you are considering a trip up the mountain - you may like to stay at the place I describe as 'closest to heaven' - it belongs to the family known as 'Farm O'Reilly's' who were cousins to Bernard.

Click here to discover Luke O'Reilly's Farm now.



Shortly I hope to have copies of Grandad's books for sale - so please let me know if you are interested and I can add you to my list. Here is a link to a review on Goodreads.

I have discovered  that I do not have one single photo of Grandad and me - I will be searching to rectify that over the next couple of weeks.

Bye for Now

Kylie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment